Week11

 (1)

We learned why professor in specialized in presentation skills doesn't teach deepen skills for students. In order to become a professor, in Japan they need something 2 reports, book or publication. That means they are not measured by how they are good at teaching, but how they experience and have knowledge to teach students. When it comes to meeting, Rab taught us 3 roles. First is a facilitator. Facilitator is a person who leads all participants, provide them equal opportunity to speak up, also interrupt noisy people in order to have enough idea. Second is a note taker. Since technology advanced, we can share a doc and write on it by anyone. However, note taker is important role because we can make sure what we discussed and reflect for that. Third is time keeper. Time keeper is a person who manage time properly. That means he or she need to know when they should review for their discussion, the number of idea and summary of the meeting. In the perspective of presen practice, we learned 3 apps to practice: LikeSo, Speeko and Astound. These apps are not free. However, if I use PC or smartphone and record own presentation,  I can recognize my weakness and minor points to improve for better presenation. Also, we discussed ideas and skills for professional presentator. We came up with technological skills such as zoom condition and sending file. And communication skill, apporopriate style, concern for dyslexia and color blind people, making well-prepare slides but keep them simple to see it.

(2)

For reaction, I was surprised with that professor from presentation class I took in spring semester did not teach me what Rab taught us today. I learned many things which will be useful for my future. Also, from the next time when I have a meeting with my peers, I will keep in mind about having three roles to manage meeting properly. I realized that I am not good at a facilitator but I'm good at time keeper and note takier. However, I need to be flexible for all role, thus I will strive to be good at a facilitator from now on. Also, when I practice for my presentation, I always prepare by memorizing the script, not practicing how to behave in front of people. Until next week, I will continue to practicing presentation by recording my self.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week5

Week4